All Members and Guests of Boxted Cricket Club will:-
1) Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of Cricket.
2) Treat everyone equally and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief.
3) Not condone, or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed.
4) Display high standards of behaviour.
5) Promote the positive aspects of Cricket e.g. fair play.
6) Encourage all participants to learn the Laws and rules and play within them, respecting the decisions of match officials.
7)Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and arguing with match officials.
8) Recognise good performance not just match results.
9) Place the well-being and safety of Young People above the development of performance.
10) Ensure that activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual.
11) Respect Young People’s opinions when making decisions about their
participation in Cricket.
12) Not smoke, drink or use banned substances whilst actively working with Young People in the Club.
13) Not provide Young People with alcohol when they are under the care of the Club.
14) Follow ECB guidelines set out in the “Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children’ and any other relevant guidelines issued.
15) Report any concerns in relation to a Young Person, following reporting procedures laid down by the ECB.
In addition to the above, all Club Officers and Appointed Volunteers will:
16) Hold relevant qualifications and be covered by appropriate insurance.
17) Always work in an open environment (i.e. avoid private or unobserved situations and encourage an open environment).
18) Inform Players and Parents of the requirements of Cricket.
19) Know and understand the ECBS’ ‘Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children’.