http:///Boxted Cricket Club, in all its activities, is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity in cricket, and to ensuring that its employees, members and all other individuals working or volunteering for Boxted Cricket Club and participating in or watching Boxted Cricket Clubs’ activities are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
- Boxted Cricket Club in all its activities will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably against on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexualorientation.
- Boxted Cricket Club will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of individuals.
- Boxted Cricket Club will endeavour to create access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate, and are lawfully eligible to participate, in its activities.
- Boxted Cricket Club will ensure that it complies with the requirements of the EqualityAct 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its employees, members and volunteers adhere to these requirements and this policy.
- Thispolicy is fully supported by the Boxted Cricket Clubs’ officers and management committee who are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
Boxted Cricket Club is committed to the investigation of any claims whenbrought to its attention, of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse orvictimisation of an individual, and reserves the right to impose such sanctionas it considers appropriate and proportionate, where such is found to be thecase.
- In the event that any employee, member, volunteer, participant or spectator feels that the has suffered discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation,they should report the matter in writing to the Management Committee of BoxtedCricket Club.
- Any such report should include: details of what occurred; when and where the occurrence took place; any witness details and copies of any witness statements.
- If the accused individual is an employee, the management committee will regard the issue as a disciplinary issue and will follow Boxted Cricket Clubs’ employment disciplinary procedure.
- If theaccused individual is a non-employee, the management committee:
- may decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or dismiss the complaint withoutholding a hearing;
- may (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at which both parties will be entitled toattend and present their case;
- willhave the power to impose any one or more of the following sanctions on anyperson found to be in breach of any policy: (a) warn as to future conduct; (b) suspend from membership; (c) remove from membership; (d) exclude a non-memberfrom the facility, either temporarily or permanently; and (e) turn down a non-member’s current and/or future membership application; and
- will provide both parties with written reasons for its decision.
- A party may appeal a decision of the management committee to the relevant County Cricket board by writing to the relevant County Cricket Board within 3 monthsof Boxted Cricket Clubs’ decision being notified to that party.
- If the nature of the complaint is with regard to the management committee of Boxted Cricket Club the complainant may report the complaint directly to the relevant County Cricket Board.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by BoxtedCricket Club in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited.